The joy of this time in history is how rapidly innovative tools are brought to market. Thanks to web based advertising and/ or manufacturers that recognize the value of helping consumers, many of these tools are offered free of charge. I spent some time this morning digging and compiling a list of fun tools that will likely help you have a successful home and kitchen design experience. Of coarse we want you to feel welcome to call us and make use of our talented design team as well, but this list is a good starting point...
- Here's a drag and drop environment recreation tool that has textures, colors, furnishings and decorations... Very robust design tool!
Sherwin Williams Color Visualizer
- This is such a fun and amazing tool! Take a photo of the space you want to redesign, upload it into the color visualizer, and repaint the walls any color you want. It is sensitive to shadows and light so it is not just putting the flat color- Looks very real when finished! They also have an app that allows you to snap a photo with your smart phone, pluck colors from that photo, and then match those colors to existing Sherwin Williams color numbers.
Sherwin Williams Chip it!
- This is another wonderful tool from Sherwin Williams- Simply upload an image of a design you like (your own or something you find online) and Chip It will pluck all the main colors found within and give you the Sherwin Williams color numbers.
- A simple site that helps you find color families (groups of colors that go well together). Sometimes they're pretty unusual groupings that may surprise you with how well they work together.
- Need inspiration? I doubt there is a more thorough library of professionally designed spaces. Easy to navigate and search.
- A little less refined than Houzz, Pinterest is also a great place to find inspiration. Enter a color or room ("kitchen design" for instance) into the search bar and you'll have an endless barrage of images to look at.
- Watch the video on this page. Pretty amazing how a hole in the center of a color palette can change how you interact with your design environment... Perhaps the video is a bit exaggerated, but I do believe their is merit to this approach.
Remember that fun is a very important ingredient in successful design. Make sure you're having some! ...And remember to call us for help beyond your initial inspiration.
Locate a Showroom Near You!
Call or email us today!
Harlan Cabinets Inc.
PO Box 307
12707 Spencerville Rd.
Harlan, In 46743
p- (260) 657-5154
f- (260) 657-5151